[Interest] Well there goes Nokia

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Thu Aug 2 21:13:34 CEST 2012

Lorn:

> Nokia does not leave its employees that it makes redundant
> 'high and dry'. I would say their redundancy package is
> quite generous. At least in our case.

  That all depends on the country in which one resides.
  Here in the USA, the Nokians who were very recently
  made redundant were given 2 weeks of pay for each
  year of service.

  (They were also told somewhat ahead of the actual date
  of termination, so one could probably fairly count a
  fraction of that "lead time" as part of their termination
  package.)

                            Atlant