[Interest] Rows distributed evenly in QFormLayout on MacOS

Bo Elmgreen bo.elmgreen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 12:17:44 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I use a QFormLayout for showing a list of settings - labels with a custom
slider widget - on a widget that has a fixed height. On Windows and Linux
the rows seem to be added, only taking up the vertical space that they
need, but on MacOS the rows are distributed evenly within the space that I
allocate to the parent widget. The application supports various languages
and in some of these, some of the labels are wrapped. This is no problem on
Windows and Linux as the wrapped labels are given a bit more space than the
other ones, but on MacOS the wrapped labels are clipped due to the even
distribution of the rows :-/ Does anybody have an idea as to how I could
get around this? I guess that I could try and put the form inside of a
scroll area, but I would prefer to avoid any scrolling.

Thanks in advance,
Bo