[Interest] How to develop a WYSIWYG HTML editor based on QtWebkit?

Josiah Bryan josiahbryan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:15:34 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM, 程梁 <chengliang.soft at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks! I saw this example before. There is the same problem as I met.
> If you clear editing area and type something, you will got some HTML
> code like:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><html><head>

> <title>HTML Editor Demo</title>
>
> </head><body style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
> -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">hey</body></html>
>
> in which I just write hey and I want to get

> <snip>

If that's the case, I'd just do a simple javascript function to HTML-ize
everything underneath body. Not sure if this works in WebKit, but a
javascript call like: document.body.innerHTML() should give you just the
content of the body. You could wrap it in <p> tags if no tags found in the
HTML (e.g. just one long string.)