[Interest] Digia to acquire Qt from Nokia

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Aug 9 23:49:27 CEST 2012

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 12:10:44 +0200 André Somers
<andre at familiesomers.nl> wrote:
> Op 9-8-2012 10:42, Thiago Macieira schreef:
> > On quinta-feira, 9 de agosto de 2012 11.24.37, Sivan Greenberg
> > wrote:
> >> I think that actually depends on the development focus- perhaps if
> >> Digia are going to continue support Qt on mobiles (which it seems
> >> they are into if to judge by the announcement) then I think they'd
> >> have to work with at least some of the folks in Brisbane as they
> >> were doing mobility and qml stuff related to that, AFAICT.
> > That might be true, but I think that the logistical problems with
> > starting operations in another continent for a medium-sized company
> > that is already growing by 10% have more to say.
> Might be, but doesn't Digia already have operations on different
> continents? According to their website, they have a presence in
> Russia, China and the US (apart from Finland, Norway and Sweden). I
> know Asia is not Australia, but...

It takes an voip account to register a "local" phone number in another
city, it takes a friend with his address or a rented lawyer/something
similar to get an address in a different country/continent. So I
wouldn't be surprised if the 'presence in russia' is only a single
sales-agent working part-time for you.

Good luck to all the soon-Ex-Nokians working on Qt!

Have fun,

Arnold