[Interest] Proper way of testing whether Qt is being used by a program

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 13:59:27 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
> If you still want to switch them by #ifdef, you should consider using custom define
> passed by user or configuration option of your library.

Hi thanks for your reply.

Basically I'm writing the library primarily for my own personal use
where I'll be writing a Qt application that links to this library, so
I thought it would be useful to use QList QString etc. (I didn't
mention QString etc in my previous post.) But for the library to be
potentially useful to others also, I want to make it so that those who
don't use Qt for their GUI or other stuff don't need to use it just to
link to my library, so I thought I should allow the generic C++
classes.

So would you advice to use the generic C++ classes anyway?

Thanks.

--
Shriramana Sharma