[Interest] Digia to acquire Qt from Nokia

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:19:37 CEST 2012

On 08/14/2012 03:08 PM, Atlant Schmidt wrote:
>    And I never said it did. I simply said that Nokia
>    destroyed all (+/-) of their own investment in
>    Trolltech, perhaps as a result of driving Qt into
>    (further into?) FOSS territory.

How could anyone drive Qt into FOSS territory when it was already widely
distributed under a FLOSS license?  It has been so since the 1.* days.
Moreover, it appears Qt has been released under the GPL for over a
decade.  How can a project be driven further into FLOSS territory after
spending a decade of being released under the GPL?

Again, you need to come up with another scapegoat.

Rui Maciel