[Interest] Qt5 - my hopes for when the dust settles...

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 14:24:21 CEST 2012

> - A new model/view architecture that is a lot easier to use and which is
  designed from the ground up to work well with databases.
I complain about it too, but I cannot suggest a better one than what exists. For all its complexity it works well.

>- High-level support for client/server programming with the middleware
  able to be straight TCP/IP (e.g., for LANs), OpenVPN, etc.
QtSOAP is not good enough, however, I think a Q-Object based SOAP proxy should not be that hard. This fall I worked on stuff that uses a lot of QMeta. I can think it can be done, if only Qt XML support did not suck.

> - An API for reading and writing .gz, .zip, and .tar.gz files.
QtIOCompressor is not enough?