[Interest] Qt5 - my hopes for when the dust settles...

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 16:57:38 CEST 2012

libQxt does the RPC (and zero conf)

QtIOCompressor is fine.  I use it all the time. There are patent issues with the .zip table, but QTIOComp supports the compression. See the example for  how to read the zip table though.

And TAR is just a structure format.
header block
data blocks
zero block

You can trivially code an API around it. I did, when I was working with very large files. Somethign that emitted: TarEntryHeader(tarData)
TarEntryDataBlock(int n, QByteArray data)
TarEntryEnd()
TarEndOfFile() (double zero block)