[Interest] Drag-and-drop won't work with elevated privileges (Windows)

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 16 18:40:49 CEST 2012

I hardly ever run into issues I cannot overcome with (and within) Qt, so I
don't often look for help here.  However, I'm not sure how to get past this one.

I have a stand-alone Qt application that accepts drag-and-drops of text files
to the main window.  It runs with the "Run as Administrator" flag set (yes, it
must run as Administrator because it installs and manages Windows Services).
When run with Administrator privileges, it will not accept drag-and-drop
events.  If I turn that flag off, drag-and-drop works just fine.

Is there a way to get Qt's DnD to work with elevated privileges enabled?  UAC
prompted, and I authorized, so I would expect it to work as a normal application.

Thanks.