[Interest] Qt5 headers not found and autocomplete doesn't work

Morgan McKenzie speedin_up at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:23:48 CEST 2012

Hi all,
I've been trying to do some work in qt5. I've downloaded and built qt5 from git using msvc2010 under windows 7 (built on August 11th, but I don't think there's been any updates except in qtwebkit since then so it's pretty much the newest build).
My problem is that in QtCreator (using 2.5.2), none of the QT headers are found - #include <QObject> says "no file or directory found". Likewise, auto-completion doesn't work except for things in the project itself. I didn't post this in the QtCreator group because autocomplete and finding the headers works fine for when I'm using the alpha release (it has some bugs that prevent me from using it, that are fixed in the newest build).

I'm moderately new to qt, so if someone could point me to what isn't working I'd really appreciate it! Or tell me if this is something I should just make a bug report for. For now I've just been coding with the alpha then switching to the newest qt5 when I need to build... which works but is pretty inconvenient.

Thanks!
Morgan McKenzie