[Interest] Qt5 - my hopes for when the dust settles...

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 18:18:49 CEST 2012

Am 18.08.2012 um 17:32 schrieb Alan Ezust <alan.ezust at gmail.com>:

>> - An API for reading and writing .gz, .zip, and .tar.gz files.
>
> Yes, this is *much* needed. I see zlib already in 3rdparty. So it's
> packaged with Qt but not exposed as an API.

zlib has been there for ages (probably Qt 1.x already). And its API /is/ exposed: qCompress which operates on byte arrays:

  http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/QByteArray.html

However zlib does /not/ support ZIP files, it only implements the actual compression algorithms (not the file hierarchy within a ZIP archive), AFAIK.

Cheers,
  Oliver