[Interest] Access system provided icons?

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Tue Aug 21 16:50:14 CEST 2012

I need to show some standard (on the Mac at least) icons in my app, like
pedlock or stop/error signs. On the Mac, it's done via a set of standard
icon "signatures" like:

enum {
   kGenericFolderIcon            = 'fldr',
   kDropFolderIcon               = 'dbox',
   kMountedFolderIcon            = 'mntd',
   kOpenFolderIcon               = 'ofld',
   kOwnedFolderIcon              = 'ownd',
   kPrivateFolderIcon            = 'prvf',
   kSharedFolderIcon             = 'shfl'
};

And call like:

::GetIconRef(kOnSystemDisk, kSystemIconsCreator, kAlertCautionIcon, &icon);

Is there a similar facility in QIcon? There's QIcon::fromTheme but it
doesn't seem to work on Mac.