[Interest] Scripting & Debugger

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Wed Aug 22 21:24:49 CEST 2012

I'm looking for a scripting language with a debugger.
Binding to C/C++ should be simple and the debugger should be embeddable.
In times of Qt4 this would be QtScript and scripttools/debugging but this is all "done".

Is there such a combination in Qt5?

AFAIK QML could be used also as a scripting language (like qbs),
but there is no stand-alone debugger. Are there any plans for
a QML-debugger?
QtCreator has a QML debugger, but I assume that it is a lot of work to split out.

I also thought about Lua, but there is no C++-embeddable Debugger.

Maybe I could use an external debugger, does anybody has a recommendation?

Many thanks,
Peter