[Interest] Library for Remote Monitoring of Application Components

Luis Valdés luisvaldes88 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:18:17 CEST 2012

Hi Igor, how are you.

Very interesting project.

I have a ERP system that needs a mecanism to update the user profile in
realtime, I was thinking about creating a thread that reads the database
every 10 minutes or something like that.
But I thought about creating a ServerSocket that sends an update message to
its clients.

The idea is that the clients must be able to know when the user profile
changes, or another constraint of the system changes. So The system can be
able to load the new data from the database.

Do you think Como is a good candidate to make that work??

best regards.

2012/8/24 Igor Mironchik <imironchick at gmail.com>

>  Como is a C + + / Qt library that provides an opportunity to
> applications using it to send out information on the sources of data within
> the application, that is, Como provides remote monitoring applications.
> Library name is an abbreviation of two English words: components
> observation and components monitoring, this is like someone like that.****
>
> The main idea of ​​the library is that the application creates an
> Como::ServerSocket to manage client connections and send information to
> customers about the state of data and a number of objects of class
> Como::Source. The application simply changes the value of the object
> Como::Source at the right moment and Como::ServerSocket sends a message to
> all connected clients.****
>
> The data source can be dynamic. That is to appear and disappear at the
> time of destruction of a Como::Source. This is implemented ad-hoc reports
> deregistration data source. The application need not worry about manually
> sending messages. All the work is done automatically. That is, when an
> object of Como::Source registered there is sending register of data source
> messages, when the value of the data source is changed there is sending
> messages about the value changes of the data source, and the destruction of
> the object is sending deregistration of data source messages.****
>
> Class objects Como::Source may be in a different threads and not have to
> worry about synchronizing class Como::ServerSocket. Como::ServerSocket
> class is thread-safe.****
>
> In fact it is all you need to know to start using the library Como.****
>
> http://code.google.com/p/componets-observation/

Atentamente.