[Interest] Reading trees from QSettings

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:49:24 CEST 2012

On 8/30/12 3:37pm, BRM wrote:
> While I don't know if there is a "safe way to [query] for an existing
> group", I'd suggest that you just give yourself another key as part
> of the array to identify it as either a file or group.

I've tried that, and I've found that the problem is in calling QSettings
with QStringList, as you can see in my reply to my previous post.

     QStringList sons = s.childGroups();

     // in the loop:
     qWarning("evaluating '%s', child %d %d",
        qPrintable(name),
        s.childGroups().contains(name) == true,
        sons.contains(name) == true);

The two comparisons should yield true or false, but I get different results.

That is weird, to say the least...