[Interest] reading javascript body from c++

Andy Mayer amayer19 at gmx.net
Sat Dec 8 20:18:50 CET 2012

Am 08.12.2012 19:25, schrieb Thomas McGuire:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 08 December 2012 11:34:17 Andy Mayer wrote:
>> I have a question regarding the possibilty of reading the body of a
>> javascript function from c++. I want to create a DSL based on QML and I
>> have to read the body of a javascript function.
>>
>> e.g.
>>
>> QML:
>>    Item {
>>        function action() {
>>            console.log("Got message:", msg)
>>            return "some return value"
>>        }
>>    }
>>
>> C++:
>> QDeclarativeEngine engine;
>> QDeclarativeContext context(&engine);
>>
>> QDeclarativeComponent component(&engine,
>> QUrl::fromLocalFile("MyItem.qml")); QObject* qmlSpenat =
>> component.beginCreate(&context);
>>
>> QString actionString=qmlSpenat->property("action");//??? it doesn't
>> work, anything else?
> Should work with QMetaObject::invokeMethod().
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Thanks for the answer, but I don't want to invoke the javascript method.
I want to read out the body of the javascript method from C++.

e.g.: If I have a Javascript method within a qml-file

function action() { var x=0; return x+2;}

the question is: Is it possible to get the body "var x=0; return x+2;"
as QString (or something else?) from C++ side?

Regards
Andy