[Interest] Qt5/OMAP4/EGLFS: Strange animation behaviour

Stephan Kanthak stylon at gmx.de
Tue Dec 11 02:20:00 CET 2012

Hi Samuel,

On 12/10/2012 11:40 AM, Samuel Rødal wrote:
> On 12/10/2012 11:31 AM, Stephan Kanthak wrote:
>> continue to check the Android SDK path again.
> Which Android SDK part would that be? You might be interested in
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Korhal

Sorry about not being too specific with that at the end of my e-mail.
What I'm referring to is TI's SGX driver SDK for Android. The one I'm
using now is the generic Linux SDK. It's weird that they decided to
release 2 different SDKs, but maybe this is basically what they get from
ImgTec.

About Korhal: I started my little project without Qt5 and initially used
the Android precompiled libs that came with the Kindle Fire. I did it
very similar to the FramebufferNativeWindow() method you describe on
that web page to get EGL working. Although it worked initially, I had
doubts that I can get any other binary version of the SGX driver working.

Google also changed the open FramebufferNativeWindow() API recently. I
don't remember exactly, but some API that was public in Android 2.2 or
2.3 is now private. Overall I also didn't like the startup latency of
Zygote/SurfaceFlinger, on the other side the HW composer would be a nice
thing to have.

Best,
Stephan