[Interest] Buttons on QGLWidget not shown on Mac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Calogero Mauceri mauceri at actgate.com
Fri Dec 14 19:26:59 CET 2012

Hi all,

I have a QGLWidget rendering a 3D scene, and I have some QWidgets,
actually buttons, on top of that view to add some controls to the
QGLWidget. See the "Test" button on the top left corner of the attached
figure.
The implementation is working greatly on Mac OSX 10.6 (from where I took
the screen shot), but the button is not shown at all on Mac OSX 10.8.
Actually the button is there but it seems completely transparent, I can
click on it and the slot it is connected to is called. The same
implementation works like a charm on Windows and linux too.
Is it a Qt bug or am I doing something wrong?

Here it is how I'm adding the button to the view:

MyQGLWidget::MyQGLWidget( QWidget* parent )
:    QGLWidget( parent )
{
     myButton = new QPushButton(this);
     myButton->setText("Test");
     myButton->move(0,0);

     QObject::connect( myButton, SIGNAL( clicked() ),
         this, SLOT( mySlot() ) );
}

I'm using latest Qt released, Qt 4.8.4.

Thanks in advance for your help,
     Calogero

--
Calogero Mauceri
Software Engineer

Applied Coherent Technology Corporation (ACT)
www.actgate.com