[Interest] Which MingW version do i need to have to use Qt5 RC2 on Windows 7?

Felix Krull f_krull at gmx.de
Tue Dec 18 13:47:23 CET 2012

Am 18.12.2012 13:36, schrieb Mark:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just downloaded the Qt5 RC2 package with it's massive size of 400+
>> MB. I was hoping it would have MingW bundled, but apparently that's
>> not the case. Also there is no mention at all about MingW for 5.0 in
>> the downloads section, something that should really be there imho.
>>
>> Does anyone know which MingW (link?) version  i need to have for Qt5
>> RC2 on Windows 7 x64?
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> Mark
> More questions. How can i even get Qt 5.0 RC 2 working on QtCreator in
> Windows 7. The current download distributes a qmake for visual
> studio.. Not the environment of my choice to say the least.
Near as I can tell, there's no MinGW binaries for Qt 5.0rc2. If you want
a MinGW build specifically, you'll have to compile it yourself.
However, you can use the MSVC2010 version with Qt Creator just fine so
long as you have the actual MSVC2010 compiler. You can get that by
installing either Visual Studio 2010 (the free Express Edition might or
might not contain the standalone C++ compiler) or the free Windows SDK
7.1. Qt Creator should then detect the compiler automatically and you
can just add the Qt build you downloaded and set it up as usual.

Regards, Felix