[Interest] Building Qt5 on linux with libICU installed to a non-standard location

Cyrus Harrison cyrush at llnl.gov
Thu Dec 20 01:49:28 CET 2012

Hello,
I have several linux platforms that I would like to test Qt 5 on,
however none of them have ICU installed and without it I lose WebKit
support.Using a the package manager to obtain ICU is not an option on
these machines.

I built and installed libICU using the standard --prefix=<dest>
configure flag + make && make install. Are there any hints on
environment settings + linker flags I need to set for Qt5's configure to
find ICU?  I did a fair amount of searching on qt-project.org - but I
only found hints for windows platforms. Ideally, it would be great to
have a builtin -qt-icu option, although I realize that would increase
the distribution size and add maintenance complexity.

Thanks for any advice,
-Cyrus