[Interest] Problem configuring Qt 5 on Windows

andy fillebrown andy.fillebrown at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:31:45 CET 2012

I am running the following command from the top level directory after
commenting out line 45 in qtbase/configure ...

echo y | configure ^
-opensource ^
-fast ^
-platform win32-g++ ^
-dont-process ^
-opengl desktop ^
-nomake tests ^
-nomake tools ^
-nomake examples ^
-nomake demos ^
-nomake translations

I then run qmake on the qtsdk.pro with the following command ...

qtbase\bin\qmake.exe ^
-r ^
-Wnone ^
qtsdk.pro ^
CONFIG*=silent ^
-after ^
CONFIG*=warn_off

-----------

Note that these are simplified versions of the commands.  I'm actually
doing shadow builds but that doesn't look like it's a problem.

Also note that the Qt4 qmake step would generate makefiles for the
examples, too, but I didn't mind because there weren't that many and
they didn't get built during make.  With Qt5 all the tests are having
makefiles generated, too.  I haven't gotten far enough into the make
step to know if they're actually going to be compiled or not, but I'm
assuming they will follow the same behavior in Qt4 and they won't be
built.

If you really think using the .zip file will make a difference then
I'll try it, but I'm pretty sure I'll get the same results.  Qmake
will still generate a makefile for everything, regardless of what I
specify in the configure step.

Cheers,
~ andy.f