[Interest] Qt 5 Help system and online doc suggestions

VStevenP vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 21:56:34 CET 2012

1. Could you please update your Qt 5.0 online help (at http://doc.qt.digia.com) snapshot to include reachable links for QML Coding Conventions?

This help topic is available in the Qt Creator 2.6.1 that is bundled in the Qt 5.0 official installer binaries.  Searching for this in the online 5.0 help (at http://doc.qt.digia.com) shows the topic, but the link does not resolve to the page.

2. One other thing to consider is that you have seemingly retired the help topic QML Best Practice, which was available in the online 4.7 documentation.  It sure would be nice if that topic was still available in the installed Qt 5 Help system.  Trying to find the QML Coding Conventions content in the installed Qt 5 Help system was a little tricky.  I think I stumbled upon it by drilling down on the 4.7 QML Best Practice help content topics online, hoping some of the sub-topics were still there.

Further confusing the issue is that there _is_ a "Best Practice" topic in the Qt5 Help system, but it doesn't link to the QML Coding Conventions topic.

If this could be sorted and tidied, it will help Qt 5 move towards "number 1 in developer experience", especially for those of us newer to Qt who could really uses easy access to this content.

3. Also, it would be nice if you could put Aaron Seigo's slides online.  He wasn't at the Berlin QtDD12, only at Santa Clara, so his content is not otherwise already online, from what I can tell.  His talk about QML in large projects was great, and I don't see equivalent content in the QtDD12 videos posted for the Berlin conference.