[Interest] Qt 5 Help system and online doc suggestions

VStevenP vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 22:36:10 CET 2012

Hi Thiago,

----- Original Message -----

Is there any way you could consider retiring that unofficial online 5.0 doc set (maybe some time in the future?), then, or is there some dependency that requires you to keep it available?  I had wondered if that site was official, and surmised it must at least be accurate because it was a Digia site.   There's a already a lot of Qt doc and links to slog through, so it'd be best to retire as much dated stuff as possible when possible.

>>  This help topic is available in the Qt Creator 2.6.1 that is bundled in the
>>  Qt 5.0 official installer binaries.  Searching for this in the online 5.0
>>  help (at http://doc.qt.digia.com) shows the topic, but the link does not
>>  resolve to the page.
>
> Seems to be broken in the official docs too.
>
>>  3. Also, it would be nice if you could put Aaron Seigo's slides
> online.  He
>>  wasn't at the Berlin QtDD12, only at Santa Clara, so his content is not
>>  otherwise already online, from what I can tell.  His talk about QML in
>>  large projects was great, and I don't see equivalent content in the
> QtDD12
>>  videos posted for the Berlin conference.
>
> Aaron, did you give your slides to the conference organization?

Maybe I can save him the trouble of a reply.  He told me he did make them available.  I searched online for them but did not find them.  Maybe all I need is the proper link to look for them?