[Interest] QML QtQuick 2 (Qt5) font looks very blurry!

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:15:22 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2012 22.40.10, Mark wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Thiago Macieira
>>
>> <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>> > In QML in general? Or just with Qt Quick 2? Does the same happen in Qt
>> > Quick 1? How about non-QML examples?
>> >
>> > There are some outstanding issues with the font system on Qt 5. And Qt
>> > Quick 2's font system is entirely new.
>>
>> Hi Thiago,
>>
>> This is with QML in general as provided by Qt5 by default. I haven't
>> done any specific "QtQuick 1" test nor is it "easy" to spot which
>> include is being used because the examples stuff uses some vague
>> define to load the QML file.. Why is it even done this odd? Just an
>> readable example would be better imho,
>
> Because the QML is the important part, not the C++ part.

If i open the example project i only see that define line. None of the
QML files. I have to actually search for those.

> Anyway, the example you ran, did it have "import QtQuick 2.0"?

Anyway, found it. <QtDir>\5.0.0\msvc2010\examples\quick\text\text.qml
And it indeed has: "import QtQuick 2.0"

>> Anyway, the QtWidgets font rendering also seems to be suffering a
>> little though not blurry,
>> http://ompldr.org/vZ3Jycg/widgets_font.png
>>
>> That's the "fontsampler" example.
>> Note the "a" character. It has no subpixel (or poor) hinting. Or
>> aliasing.. whichever is the default stuff for Windows 7.

Do you have any idea why the QtWidget font stuff also looks odd?