[Interest] Qt5 and QtSolutions

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 23:20:33 CET 2012

That depends.

QtService Component won't be getting much more love, in particular because it's getting replaced.
It hasn't been updated since Qt 4.5; and has a number of drawbacks.

I presently have a playground project for the new work; but it's slow going (due to time constraints on my part).
Present goal is to replicate what's already in QtService component utilizing a new design.

I can't speak about QSingleApplication or others. They did just announce on the Dev list that's its now in gerrit.

Ben