[Interest] Problem configuring Qt 5 on Windows

andy fillebrown andy.fillebrown at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 03:06:09 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at digia.com> wrote:
>> On quinta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2012 12.19.51, Koehne Kai wrote:
>>>  - run e.g. configure -desktop opengl -nomake examples -nomake tests from
>>> top level directory (not inside qtbase!)
>>
>> Huh? Running from qtbase needs to work. The top-level configure.bat runs the
>> configure Perl script which simply runs the qtbase configure anyway.
>
> It does work, just that you then have to run the right qmake yourself, preferably without '-r' :)
>
> Just running configure on top level + make is bullet proof.

I'm assuming you mean it's bullet proof when using the .zip file.  It
is not working when using the .tar.gz, and it is an easy fix.  Just
remove the line in qtbase/configure.bat that is looking for
.gitignore.

Also, the -no-opengl configure option is causing issues for dependent
modules.  Those modules should be skipped when -no-opengl is used.  I
would also add a note somewhere in the README about having to use
-opengl desktop.  The warning that gets output during configure is
fine, so it's not a big deal, but it was a little confusing.  When I
was first reading the warning my initial thought was "Oh no, I have to
install the DirectX SDK to get the ANGLE layer to get the OpenGL
module to build.  Thankfully, this was not the case.  IMHO, configure
should just default to -opengl desktop when the DirectX SDK is not
present.

Cheers,
~ af