[Interest] Trouble with "release" build on Win7

Yves Bailly yves.bailly at sescoi.fr
Fri Dec 21 08:17:17 CET 2012

Hello all again,

Le 20/12/2012 15:19, Yves Bailly a écrit :
> Greetings all,
> I'm building Qt5 for 64bits using Visual 2010 on a Windows 7 64bits host, debug and release.
> However it seems anything using Qt5Gui.dll fails to start.
>
> - Running the example qtbase/examples/gui/analogclock/debug/analogclock.exe works fine.
> - Running the example qtbase/examples/gui/analogclock/release/analogclock.exe fails.

Now things get weird... I build a 32bits version of Qt5, Visual 2010 Pro SP1, on a
Windows 7 64bits host. The example "qtbase/exampels/gui/analogclock" starts both in
release and debug flavor, bug it doesn't show the usual clock... just a grey rectangle
with written "QWindow" in the middle. Same with the "rasterwindow" example.
The example "qtbase\examples\widgets\animation\animatedtiles" seems to work though, and
at least QtDesigner starts...

I'll give a try to a Visual 2012 compile.

However I really need a Visual 2010 64bits built of Qt5. I'm ready to try things, provide
any needed information... please help! What should I try or check or whatever?

Side question: where's the HTML doc? it used to be provided ready-to-use in Qt4 releases...

Thanks for any hint.

--
      /- Yves Bailly - Software developper  -\
      \- Sescoi R&D  - http://www.sescoi.fr -/