[Interest] QML QtQuick 2 (Qt5) font looks very blurry!

Bache-Wiig Jens Jens.Bache-Wiig at digia.com
Fri Dec 21 09:02:57 CET 2012

It looks like he distance field rendering can be tweaked on windows to be a bit sharper and thinner, but it is expected that the font rendering looks a bit more fuzzy than before on windows since distance field rendering is not pixel grid aligned by like the windows native fonts are.

If you want a simple workaround for this, I suggest you try the new native font rendering option we added precisely to avoid issues like this: http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2012/08/08/native-looking-text-in-qml-2/ The only drawback is that you might see pixelated effects when you zoom and scale.

Cheers,
Jens