[Interest] QtInfo meets Qt5 (and encounters some minor oddities)

Attila Csipa qt at csipa.in.rs
Fri Dec 21 17:41:12 CET 2012

On 21-Dec-12 17:22, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sexta-feira, 21 de dezembro de 2012 17.14.00, Attila Csipa wrote:
>> 2. QtOpenGL reports no non-ES versions, only OpenGL ES 2 as supported,
>> which is odd (being run on a desktop computer).
>
> How did you configure Qt? It's possible you're linking to ANGLE as your GL
> libraries. That would make it see the computer as having only ES support.

This is not a custom compiled Qt I ran it against - I used the binaries
straight from
http://releases.qt-project.org/qt5/5.0.0/qt-windows-opensource-5.0.0-msvc2010_32-x86-offline.exe
which also seem to come with all the desktop GL libs they need, and its
QT_CONFIG seems right, see below... (unless you mean I'm missing
something link-related from the .pro files and QT += opengl doesn't put
it in on its own)

QT_CONFIG += debug_and_release build_all debug release shared zlib icu
angle png freetype build_all accessibility opengl opengles2 egl openssl
audio-backend native-gestures qpa concurrent minimal-config small-config
medium-config large-config full-config

Best regards,
Attila