[Interest] QML in larger projects, and "packaging" (KDE-related)

VStevenP vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 02:59:44 CET 2012

I'm trying to locate some doc or get some good tips on "packaging" subsets of QML for easy import in big projects.

I saw the syntax of one kind of import used in KDE, from Aaron Seigo's talk at Qt Dev Days.

import "plasmapackage:/code/Foo.js" as Foo

Can any of the KDE developers on the list describe how the "scheme" plasma package resolves?  What are the other parts of the mechanism that make it work, I wonder.  I'm not familiar with this type of import syntax and am wondering how exactly it all works, and I'm not sure where to look in order to learn all what's needed.

I'm really interested in making a "package" of a subset of some QML code, and being able to import it with a particular specified version.  I'd like to understand all the pieces needed to make it work.  Any complete doc or code examples would be highly appreciated, especially if the learning could help make it easier to manage QML in larger projects.

- VStevenP