[Interest] glGetString from QML-based Wayland compositor

Pier Luigi pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 09:53:26 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm working on a QML-based compositor and I would like to print some
EGL and GL strings when it starts to get more useful information when
something doesn't work.

The compositor, although loaded from a plugin, is very much like the
qmlcompositor example; this means it creates a QQuickView and load the
main .qml file.

EGL is fine: after the creation of the QQuickView I get a EGLDisplay
using the platform native interface and print some EGL info
successfully.

However glGetString() always return NULL, I call it from the
sceneGraphInitialized() slot and I noticed that despite
openglContext() returns a valid pointer,
QOpenGLContext::currentContext() is 0.

Someone has an idea on what I'm doing wrong?

--
Out of the box experience
http://www.maui-project.org/