[Interest] A suggestion about replacing signals, actions and slots

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Dec 28 15:41:42 CET 2012

On sexta-feira, 28 de dezembro de 2012 15.16.41, André Somers wrote:
> Op 28-12-2012 14:23, Scott Aron Bloom schreef:
> > Has anyone brought up the property system that MOC provides as well?
> > Maybe I missed it...
> Well, yeah. In my first reply, I said (in general):
> > Second, moc and Q_OBJECT does a
> > good deal more than just dealing with signals and slots.
>
> That includes properties, introspection needed for scripts and whatnot
>
> :-) But as the original focussed on signals and slots, I focussed on
>
> that aspect as well.

See also: http://www.macieira.org/blog/2011/09/the-future-of-moc/. Especially
the part "But we still need moc", where it reads:

"What’s more, the most important reason why we need moc is not related to the
signals and slots."

If you want more info on why we can't use PMFs, see my comment:
http://www.macieira.org/blog/2011/09/the-future-of-moc/#comment-120