[Interest] Window flicker when layout's size constraint is Fixed

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:44:34 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Kimmo Viitanen <kviitanen at gmail.com> wrote:

> So the size is calculated constantly. I have to, though, that for me
> with Qt 4.8.0 on Linux Mint 11, the effect is not nearly as bad as it
> shows in your video. It is actually very smooth and quick, so perhaps
> this is some platform issue. For this reason I'm not sure if this helps
> in your case, but it "appears" to me that the dialog is not constantly
> changing size with the following change.

Thanks for taking a look.

I tried your suggestion in my actual application and I didn't see much
difference. The dialog in my application has many more widgets of
various shapes and sizes compared to the example I posted, so the
"flicker" looks worse than it does in the example I posted earlier. I
might be able to change the order in which the widgets are
hidden/shown to decrease the number of times the dialog is resized in
the intermediate state.

Thanks
Adam