[Interest] [OT] Re: Design shhirts using Qt OpenGL

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:29:09 CET 2012

Am 03.02.12 17:19, schrieb Sujan Dasmahapatra:
> Jason I have some queries.

You can combine those queries with SQL - SQL is a great tool! Use that
as well! Remember: every T-Shirt Store(tm) needs a database which is
able to speak SQL. It greatly helps you sell more t-shirts!

And it's called JSON, not JASON - but close. With JSON you can
communicate with your DB even faster.

> Can I use Qt's QGraphicsView to render PHP gd
> Library's graphics.???

Yes, you can! Just make sure you have downloaded the latest graphics
card drivers. And then all you need is a good old UNIX pipe, to pipe the
rendered t-shirt from QGraphicsView into PHP through ASP.Net.

You can find an excellent implementation of PIPE here:

  http://www.pipe.org/

> Can I design shirts using gd libray with diferent
> colors??...

You can use any colour you like as long as it is black!

> If I am able to use Qt then I can also be able to use openGL
> right??......

Almost: besides the glBindTexture function etc. you need an OpenGL
extension called EXT_glTextile, EXT_glFabric and EXT_glTailor (note the
EXT prefix, as these functions are not yet in the latest OpenGL 4.2
standard - also refer to the standard
http://www.opengl.org/registry/doc/glspec42.core.20120119.pdf).

These functions will weave the t-shirt for you. They work best "as a
service" in the iCloth where you can distribute the t-shirt
manufacturing. That greatly reduces the t-shirt rendering time!

By the way you get the best OpenGL textures... sorry textiles with a
product called Adobe DreamWeaver. It's so great! The best thing is it
can not only create the web page for you, but dreamweave your t-shirts
at the same time!

It now has multi-touch support, too, so you can handle touch events on
your t-shirts! :)

  https://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver.html

> Please tell me how I should proceed. I need create images
> of shirts with different colors and then create picture of them and
> render on the web.

Yes, that's exactly how you should proceed. Just be aware that you need
to upgrade your license for Windows 3.1: you need the "Windows for
T-Shirts" edition! Only there can ASP deploy its full PHP potential!

By the way, why go through so much work when you could simply steal the
implementation? Here are some sources:

  www.spreadshirt.de/
  www.urban-stylistics.com/
  www.shirtgalaxie.de/
  etc.

Glad I could help you ;)
  Oliver

p.s. Sorry, coulnd't resist, no offense meant :)