[Interest] Qt and x11/MPX

laszlo.p.agocs at nokia.com laszlo.p.agocs at nokia.com
Sat Feb 11 12:16:28 CET 2012

Upgrading to a newer Ubuntu version (and using the Qt shipped with it) might help in Robert's case though because as far as I understand Ubuntu ships Qt 4.7.x with the experimental XI2.1 touch patches applied.

In Qt 5 there are two platforms that have touch support currently: wayland, and xcb on Harmattan (the latter is again some unofficial XI2.1 stuff). Others can use the evdevtouch generic plug-in, but that opens and reads from the input device directly via evdev so it is more suitable for embedded platforms (e.g. eglfs, or X-less setups like kms)

Official XInput multi-touch support is coming in XI2.2 (X.org 1.12). Supporting this in xcb would certainly be nice (I'm planning to take a look at it at some point) but it is indeed not high priority now.

Regards,
Laszlo