[Interest] Qt5/eglfs coredump in QGL2PaintEngineEx::begin due to null QGLContext.

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Tue Feb 14 01:08:23 CET 2012

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012, Samuel Rødal wrote:

> On 02/13/2012 01:50 AM, ext Jon Trulson wrote:
>> Hi, I'm building Qt5 (latest from git) on an arm board (imx53 QSB).  I
>> am not using X11.  I am using the eglfs plugin.
>>
>> I have attempted to run several of the qtbase demos (like
[...]

> I'd recommend trying qmlscene or examples/opengl/hellowindow --single
> here as well, as I'm not sure eglfs supports multiple top-levels. A
> QGLWidget embedded in a widget hierarchy will always force a top-level
> platform window to be created, since it needs its own EGLSurface (or
> similar on other platforms).

Well, that was an excellent suggestion Samuel :)  If you lived
somewhere nearby, I'd purchase the beverage of your choice for you.  :)

Indeed this demo does work.  The first one I've actually seen run with
elgfs.

So, just to be sure I understood right, There *must* be a QGLWidget in
the hierarchy somewhere for any graphical app to work on eglfs.  At
least in this environment?

Anyway, thank you very much.

PS: I also tried this as suggested in your previous email using the
kms plugin for linux - it locked up the machine, but that's ok, this
arm box was the important one.  Sometime I'll see if I have a box
laying around with an intel gpu and see if that fares any better.

--
Jon Trulson

"Get the cheese to sickbay, the Doctor should look at it as soon as
  possible." -- Chief Engineer B'Elanna Torres, Voyager