[Interest] Mac App Store submission issues

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Wed Feb 15 21:45:19 CET 2012

On 2/15/2012 7:36 AM, Matilainen Pasi wrote:
> - Storage location paths do not conform to App Store requirements when a
> localized company or app name is used. Not a very common problem as far as
> I know, but there's a patch for this in QTBUG-16549.

I just had my most recent submission rejected. Apparently now they do
not want you storing preferences (QSettings) in ~/Library/Preferences
(huh - wonder what the purpose of that folder is).

I guess each app now has to store preferences in its own
~/Library/<app-identifier> instead.

I suppose the fix for this is to provide QSettings a path to use instead
of relying on it to default to Preferences.

(this is in Qt 4.7 - I don't know if this has been changed for 4.8).