[Interest] OT: Database in LINUX application in windows

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Thu Feb 16 13:35:53 CET 2012

Folks:

> Alternatively... how about a more noob friendly Qt-Interest list? Some people
> get off on helping noobs (helps them sleep better at night I guess)... but I think
> most of us just get annoyed by his(her?) noise.

  I don't help "noobs" on mailing lists because I "get off on it";
  I help newcomers on mailing lists and forums and etc. because
  I know what it is like to be using a big, complex, and yes, buggy
  piece of software for the first time. And how easy it is to be-
  come lost, or at least hung up on one small thing you just can't
  understand.* And so I try to help them because with just a
  little help,  just a key to unlock a door here and there, they
  just MIGHT enjoy using the software enough that they
  keep using it and become contributing members in that
  software's community of users.

  Perhaps that's not a role some want to play. If it's not, then
  perhaps we should launch the Qt-condescending-know-it-
  alls-hottub at qt-project.org mailing list right now.**

                                       Atlant

* Yes, I understand that's not the case for the poster we're
   discussing; I'm thinking of the more-general situation.

** If you feel this E-mail has nothing to do with you and
      that this alleged shoe does not fit you, please feel free
      to disregard it/not wear this shoe.

This e-mail and the information, including any attachments, it contains are intended to be a confidential communication only to the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.

Thank you.