[Interest] Qt 4.8 qtcreator

Szalata, Zenon M. zms at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 17 23:30:35 CET 2012

I am having more problems with the qt 4.8 installation on RedHat rhel6 Linux.
I invoke the QtCreator/bin/qtcreator and it crashes after printing these messages:

zms at esaanal2 $ qtcreator&
[1] 22105
zms at esaanal2 $ QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap

[1]+  Segmentation fault      (core dumped) qtcreator

When the installation finished I was given a choice to start qtcreator and at that time it worked fine.  When I start it from a command line it crashes.  How am I suppose to start it?

I see the same problem on 64bit and on a 32bit computer.  I ran the 64bit installer on the 64bit machine and the 32bit installer on the 32bit machine.

Thank in advance,
Zen