[Interest] #define in qml

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Feb 20 08:49:56 CET 2012

On segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 08.07.30, Andre Somers wrote:
> Op 19-2-2012 21:56, Thiago Macieira schreef:
> > On domingo, 19 de fevereiro de 2012 21.30.42, qtnext wrote:
> >> when 5.0 I will upgrade to Qt Quick 2.0 and never loop back ... But for
> >> now, if it's possible it should allow me to evaluate performance and
> >> continue to use Qt 4.8 for now ... a #ifdef syntax will also allow to
> >> target multiple platform (android, windows... to adjust only certain
> >> part) or different screen size.
> >
> > Then do a full port to Qt Quick 2.0.
>
> Nice upgrade path... Thiago, I think you're not being realistic. I don't
> know if the request of the TS is reasistic, but I do think it is
> reasonable to want to experiment before committing to a full port.

Sorry, let me be more specific:

Do a full port to experiment. You will probably need to change a couple of
things here and there to make it perfect again, so it's not just the import
statement.

If you don't want to release it now, that's fine. Keep it in an experimental
branch in your revision-control system.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358