[Interest] Qt 4.8 qtcreator

Szalata, Zenon M. zms at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 21 00:29:08 CET 2012

Hi all,
I have done some more testing on this.  My guess is that something changed on our RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 computers, such that the creator stopped working overnight.  It worked on 2/16/2012 just after I installed the SDK package and on 2/17/2012 it would crash with

(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007f430af121bd in sqlite3Step ()
   from /opt/qt/qt-4.8/QtCreator/lib/qtcreator/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.so
#1  0x00007f430af0461b in sqlite3_step ()
   from /opt/qt/qt-4.8/QtCreator/lib/qtcreator/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.so
#2  0x00007f430aec680d in QSQLiteResultPrivate::fetchNext(QVector<QVariant>&, int, bool) ()
   from /opt/qt/qt-4.8/QtCreator/lib/qtcreator/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.so
#3  0x00007f430aec741c in QSQLiteResult::exec() ()
   from /opt/qt/qt-4.8/QtCreator/lib/qtcreator/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.so
#4  0x00007f430b6a1139 in QSqlQuery::exec() ()
   from /opt/qt/qt-4.8/QtCreator/lib/qtcreator/plugins/Nokia/../../libQtSql.so.4

This weekend I tried number of things.  I was no longer able to install qt with the installer: Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_2_en.run.  It would core dump as soon as the installation process started.  Unfortunately, the core dump did not have any useful information, at least nothing that would enlighten me.
What is more, I have been using Qt 4.7.0 (installed from SDK), which worked for me for a year or so.  When on 2/17/2012 I started the creator program from the 4.7.0 installation, it also no longer works, it crashes with the same back trace in the core dump as the newer one.
I am able to build a working version of Qt 4.8 and creator 2.4 from sources on these RedHat PCs.

Tuesday, I will engage our local Unix administrators, maybe they can help me understand what happened.  I am working at SLAC, which is a National Accelerator Laboratory and all Linux computers are centrally maintained.  There is a Taylor program which runs every night on these computers and does upgrades, etc. on these computers.

Thank you,
Zen