[Interest] Protection against a VLC-like enforcement: a Qt developers could send an infringement complaint about software distributed through he Apple App Store, and Apple pulling the software?

Erwin Coumans erwin.coumans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:57:19 CET 2012

(I didn't receive an email, so it is not clear how to reply, other than
copy and pasting from the list)
Thiago Macieira wrote:

>> Or is there anything that protects Qt users (who want to distribute
their
>> software through the Apple App Store) from such infringement complain?

>Don't infringe.

How, other than using the commercial Qt license, or avoiding the Apple App
Store and use the Cydia store?

Are you saying there is a way to release software using Qt under the LGPL
license in the App Store, without infringing?
Thanks!
Erwin