[Interest] #define in qml

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Wed Feb 22 10:02:22 CET 2012

Den 21-02-2012 19:17, Thiago Macieira skrev:
> On terça-feira, 21 de fevereiro de 2012 22.16.09, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>>>
>>> There's nothing we can do. The language simply doesn't support it.
>>
>> Wouldn't it be possible to enable simple version comparison like e.g.
>>
>> if (QtQuick.Version<  2) {
>> // some code
>> } else {
>> // other code
>> }
>>
>> ?
>
> That's already possible. But it doesn't help in any way because you can't have
> an import statement in "some code" there.
>
> You HAVE to write
> 	import QtQuick 1.1
> or
> 	import QtQuick 2.0
>
> without conditionals.

True. However, you kept writing that we have to load a QML file from C++
based on "some choice" if we support multiple versions. This test along
with a Loader object shows how you do this in javascript. I guess this
is only important if you have a project with only QML and JS files and
don't want to start up C++ files as well.

Maybe this was obvious, I just mention it for completion.

Bo Thorsen,
Fionia Software.

--

Expert Qt and C++ developer for hire