[Interest] Finished signal from QProcess!

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 09:41:21 CET 2012

> One more thing, in C2 (the main process, I have called a class which starts
> an infinite loop and a.exec is called after that which essentially means
> a.exec() is never called. Is this the reason why I am not getting finished
> signal? Code is shown below:

Yes it is!!! The event loop needs to be running for it process events
and since you're never executing a.exec() it never gets started.

I'm not sure why the C1 process is being listed as defunct. Can you
provide us with a compilable example which shows the problem?

> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> {
>     Class1 downloadMngr;
>     downloadMngr.startDownload(); //This starts an infinite loop which waits
> for items to be added to queue
>
>     return a.exec();  //So this is probably never called.

Correct.

> }
>
> How can I start eventloop in main() while having the functionality in
> Class1.

What is this functionality of C1? It's not clear from your mail. Looks
like you're writing some sort of an application updater (which
downloads a new app and writes it?)?

Can you explain a little more of what you're attempting. Do you need 2
processes in the first place? Can't it be done with a single process
i.e your main app itself?

Regards,
-mandeep