[Interest] QtSVG deprecated

Chris Meyer cmeyer1969+qt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 23:01:55 CET 2012

Recently I've had my apps rejected on the Mac app store for "using a
custom webkit" (QtWebKit). The main use was to render SVG into
QImages.

Going forward, I'm planning on using the QtSvg module. Currently, it
partially supports SVG Tiny; but I'm hoping to develop any missing
features as needed.

I am not in a position to volunteer to be maintainer right now, but
I'm interested in contributing code, doing testing, paying money in
the form of feature bounties, and providing guidance where possible.

Other than the issue of a maintainer, is there any other reason QtSvg
is deprecated? I think it's important to have this functionality
independent of webkit.