[Interest] QtSVG deprecated

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Jan 9 23:21:44 CET 2012

I'm glad to hear this, because I also use QtDom, and can't imagine
processing XML documents without it. But the status of Deprecated
definitely means:

"Module or code will be eventually removed (Qt source and binary
compatibility guidelines apply)"

and binary compatibility can be broken when we move to Qt5, so it does
look as though both SVG and DOM could be gone by the end of the year.
That's scary, and seems silly to me.

What are the "'other' classes that are better used" for rendering SVG
toolbutton images, or modelling an XML document?

Cheers,
Martin