[Interest] QtSVG deprecated

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jan 10 01:17:45 CET 2012

On Monday, 9 de January de 2012 14.16.05, Scott Aron Bloom wrote:
> This came up at DevDays...
>

> There needs to be a status of "No maintained because we consider it
> complete"
>
> Meaning, the code is stable, known bugs are fixed, and new enhancements
> will not be added as "other" classes are better used.

That's the "Done" state.

QtSvg was in the "Deprecated" camp for two reasons:
 1) there's a more complete implementation of SVG inside WebKit
 2) QtSvg says it implements SVG Tiny 1.2

The second item is important: we can't consider done if we haven't achieved
full compliancy. Not to mention that any bugs related to being compliant would
need to be fixed.

That's why it ended up in Deprecated: we actually want people to stop using
the module.

> However, the code will NOT be removed from a new version.  Another
> example is the QDom code base.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358