[Interest] QtSVG deprecated

Christian Quast christian.quast at cquast-it.de
Tue Jan 10 16:06:53 CET 2012

Dear all,

(QSvgGenerator is part of the SVG module isn't it? Otherwise my question is
rendered mute.)

I am also using SVG in my application which is a desktop application that
presents the user with a graphical representation of their data.

I use a QGraphicsScene to do on-screen rendering. The 'images' that are shown
on-screen will at some point be used in scientific publications so I need to
provide an export. A vector format is the obvious choice.

Since Qt can create SVG easily based on a QGraphicsScene and SVG is supported
on all my target platforms I chose SVG. Currently, I am using code that looks
like this:

    // setup scene
    QGraphicsScene scene;
    scene.addItem(...);

    // setup svg generator
    QSvgGenerator svgGen;
    svgGen...

    // render scene to svg
    QPainter painter( &svgGen );
    scene.render( &painter );

As QtSVG is now deprecated and superseded by QtWebKit how would the same be
done using the webkit module. I have never looked at the webkit module because
I haven't seen any use cases so far.

Thanks for your input
  Christian

--
sorry if this mail gets posted again, its awaiting moderator approval as I
accidently used the wrong email address before :(