[Interest] Depending QCombobox

Michele Ciampichetti cia.michele at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 18:45:44 CET 2012

Hello to everybody,
To solve this problem, i trying to subclass a QSqlRelationalDelegate, so
that, at che column of second combobox, I can apply a filter on the
QSqlTableModel returned by relationalModel; but i can't do this, because
the delegate use only a const QModelIndex so i can't access the complete
model and use the setFilter method. This is my code:

void setEditorData(QWidget *editor, const QModelIndex &index) const
   {
       switch(index.column()) {
       case 4:{
           const QSqlRelationalTableModel * sqlModel = qobject_cast<const
QSqlRelationalTableModel *>(index.model());

sqlModel->setFilter(QString("CodProvincia=%1").arg(sqlModel->index(index.row,10).data().toInt());
           QComboBox * combo = qobject_cast<QComboBox *> (editor);
           if (!sqlModel || !combo){
               QItemDelegate::setEditorData(editor,index);
               return;
           }

 combo->setCurrentIndex(combo->findText(sqlModel->data(index).toString()));
break;}

But it return an error, because the index is only a constant. This is the
error:

..\picloaddelegate.h:24: error: passing 'const QSqlRelationalTableModel'
as 'this' argument of 'virtual void QSqlTableModel::setFilter(const
QString&)' discards qualifiers

Any ideas of how resolve it?

thanks a lot for your time!

Michele

2012/1/9 Michele Ciampichetti <cia.michele at gmail.com>

> Good morning to all,
> How can I create 3 depending QCombobox, for example Country, City and Zip
Code, so that when I select one, the other ones are filtered by the value
of the first one? I'm use a QSqlRelationalTableModel and 3 relations (so
also 3 QSqlTableModel). I know that I can use QComboBox signal to filter
data of QSqlTableModel, but if I use the QDataWidgetMapper the search on it
don't fire any QCombobox Signal, so, how can I got what I want?