[Interest] QtSVG deprecated

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Jan 11 18:07:33 CET 2012

On Wednesday, 11 de January de 2012 16.52.46, Uwe Rathmann wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:05:40 -0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Can't you pre-rasterise the files and store them on the device's image?
> > Sounds like a much better solution to me.
>
> The sizes of the icons are the result of the calculation of QLayouts - I
> don't know them in advance. They might even change during runtime, when
> layout relevant attributes are changing ( f.e the user wants a different
> language ).
>
> > Use PNG.
>
> How does PNG help in the context of scalable vector graphics ?

It would have helped in the scenario I had in my head, which is that the sizes
are fixed per device. I thought you used one codebase for multiple devices, but
each device had it fixed. That would allow you to pre-calculate the sizes and
pre-render before generating the image. The output of the rasterisation would
be PNG.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358